How To Boost Your ROI With Digital Marketing In 2020?
Boost Your ROI With Digital Marketing 
There is no denying the fact that no matter what the business is, each one of them is founded with one common goal which is to derive a return on investment. With businesses going online, using traditional marketing strategies won’t be sufficient. To reach the target audience, the use of digital marketing strategies has become very crucial. It needs vision, planning, time, money, and efforts to make a successful campaign. Online markets are extremely competitive. Hence, it’s essential to keep track of the success rate of your digital marketing campaigns.
What is the ROI?
ROI is the measurement of the results of digital marketing (in terms of money) against the expenditure done in creating and implementing those marketing strategies. This means, if the ROI is positive, then your campaign is successful, and you are generating profits out of it. If ROI is negative, then it’s time to rethink and bring changes in your marketing strategies.
ROI is a tool that helps companies to keep track of what is working for them and what is not. Once you have these answers, you can focus more on areas where you are lacking and bring improvements in them.
Factors by which Digital Marketing can increase your ROI:
Helps any king business to get their targeted customers
It is crucial to capture the attention of potential customers. But for that, stalking potential customers is not a wise decision, thus, capturing their minds through digital marketing is a much better option. It is extremely helpful as people spend considerably good time online.
More effective than Traditional Marketing
The digital platform is extremely helpful for every business, but it is distinctly helpful for businesses with limited resources. The investment in it is advantageous and also generates real-time sales and profit as compared to the traditional means such as promoting on electronic or print media.
Improves communication with the customers
It requires time to build brand loyalty and can only be achieved by communicating with your customers. As customers are more brand loyal to the businesses they can communicate better with. And with the help of digital marketing, your business can form a direct communication with the customers. Also, this helps to get honest feedback and response regarding your business. Naturally, several things become less complex with no middleman hampering crucial information in between.
Getting genuine feedback and suggestion is extremely important for any business, and digital marketing can be used to generate feedback. Also, the tools of the digital market allow you to get the demographics of the target audience in terms of their age, location, and preference. Overall, these responses and suggestions can be used to sculpture the business accordingly to work on the aspects that need improvement to get the best outcome.
Measure the results
It is important to keep a note of how successful and fruit-bearing results your endeavors and investment are bringing back to your business. In the case of the traditional market, it takes at least a few months for the same. This timespan changes to just a few days in case of digital marketing. Also, various tools can help you to regulate the various crucial factors regarding promotion and campaign’s effectiveness.
How To Measure Your ROI?
Every marketing campaign does not aim at getting conversions. Some may aim at generating awareness among the target audience. Whereas others may aim at generating interest among the potential buyers, etc. Hence, measuring marketing ROI is quite tricky. The success of any marketing campaign depends on its end goal.
- Monthly Visitors- it calculates the number of people visiting the site every month. The result obtained by this metric is quite vague as we are not sure about the source (authenticated, social, or paid) as well as the chances of the conversion of this traffic. To get more specific results, we need to segment our results based on their source and then check how valuable they are.
- Conversion Rate- It is generally used in cases, where the sole aim of the marketing campaign is to get conversions or buyers. Measuring conversion rates helps the company to find out what is working for them. It can also be used to find the source which is giving maximum conversions. Once identified, the company can focus resources on those channels to increase their ROI.
- ROAS- Revenue on Ad Spend, is used where the companies can relate their revenues directly to the efforts of digital marketing. It is calculated in percentage by dividing the revenue generated by the total cost of the campaign.
- Cost Per Lead- This metric is used to calculate the cost incurred to generate a lead. This is calculated by dividing total money spend on the campaign by the total number of leads generated by that campaign. Lesser the CPL more will be the ROI.
- Cost Per Lead Acquisition- This metric helps to calculate the amount spend to earn an actual customer. CPA calculates the actual sales done against the total amount spent on the Ad campaign. It is calculated by dividing the total expenditure of an ad campaign by a total number of sales. Lower the CPA, higher will be ROI.
- Branded Search Lift- This metric tells you the increase in brand awareness over time as an outcome of digital marketing endeavors. You can determine your branded search lift by tracking the number of search queries that include your brand name per month. Over time, as you constantly track this, your branded search lift is simply how many additional monthly searches your brand receives.
- Average Order Value- This metric tells you how valuable your paying customer is in each instance that they purchase. AOV is most useful for E-Commerce stores. Businesses can increase their AOV by taking some simple steps like providing quality products or services and by creating opportunities for cross-selling.
- Customer Lifetime Value- This metric tells you what you can afford to pay in ad spend to acquire each customer profitably. LTV is crucial as it applies to every kind of business. In simpler terms, LTV helps in calculating the overall worth of the customer. It helps companies in achieving their long-term goals.
Which Digital Marketing Strategies provide the best ROI?
There are various digital marketing strategies available, but some are aimed towards short term ROI and quick sales while others are determined towards long-term ROI, depending on the main goals of an organization some work better than others.
Further mentioned are a few of them:
SEO is all about optimizing your website to increase organic search rankings and overall online visibility. This includes both on-page and off-page optimization factors. The ultimate purpose of SEO is to drive more traffic to an organization’s site, which hopefully results in increased sales. Some long-term benefits of efficient SEO include: sustainability of rankings, precise keyword targeting, brand credibility, flexibility, data is traceable, and it typically costs less than other digital strategies. If executed and surveilled correctly, SEO is distinctly an efficient digital strategy that can boost ROI.
Never forget that content is king! The importance of content marketing can oftentimes be overlooked by businesses. Content marketing is essentially the development of online content that provides value to visitors and is typically created with intentions to drive traffic. It is an essential part of SEO and helps in building a long term online visibility. Some key benefits of content marketing include reputation, building trust, conversion potential, cost-effectiveness, and lasting value.
Social media is a fascinating digital strategy when it comes to enhancing ROI. Paid or organic, social media marketing is all about establishing an organization’s reputation through channels like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. It can be strenuous to procure ROI from organic social media marketing efforts but don’t miscalculate its value. Paid social media advertising, on the other hand, can procure ROI sometimes unsuppressed by other digital strategies. Benefits of social media marketing can include the development of target audiences, cost-effectiveness, specific targeting, and enormous potential for brand awareness exposure.
Ways to Boost your ROI with Digital Marketing:
Know what's working for you
The very first thing that needs to be taken care of is to find out what’s working for the company. This includes finding the channel which is getting most of the conversions. A visitor may or may not be a potential customer. You need to keep track of the total number of sales done by various channels. This can easily be done by installing conversion tracking on your website. Once installed, collect and analyze the data to find out what’s working.
KPIs should relate to your goals
Once you have clearly defined goals and objectives in place, you need to make sure that you’re choosing Key Performance Indicators that align with these goals. KPIs are the key metrics or ways that you measure your progress toward these goals. KPIs for SEO will be different than KPIs for email marketing or social. If you don’t have KPIs in place, you have no way of monitoring your progress towards your goals. While calculating ROI, it is vital to consider KPIs which are related to your objectives and goals. This would help you in getting more accurate results.
You should incorporate components such as mobile and local into your campaigns. What it means is that you should create content that’s mobile-friendly and also catered towards a local audience.
Test different strategies
It is imperative to keep a regular track of the success rate of the ongoing campaign. Various factors like an increase in revenue, lead conversions, organic visitors, etc. play a significant role in determining the success of any campaign. The only way to know for sure which elements of your digital marketing campaigns are impacting your success is to test them. You can run A/B tests on different aspects of your digital marketing campaigns to see which elements provide better results.
Enhancing your marketing ROI won’t happen overnight, however by making the right changes to your marketing efforts, your business has the potential to see growth in many areas including in your ROI. Is your business in need of higher-level Digital Marketing Services to increase ROI? Reach out to STS Digital Solutions, our team can tell you more about what ROI means in digital marketing, how to measure ROI in digital marketing, and what you might be able to contemplate from the average marketing ROI in your industry.
Consulting Agency for Your Business
We build a system that spends less to get more business leads. Get in Touch with us Today..!!